Tuesday, 9 August 2016

How Old

After one week in my new job I thought I earned some crafting time. My big brothers' birthday will be soon and I started the tradition of funny greetings about his age. Nevertheless, he is 7 years older and I will be always de young, little one :D


This said, I used the cute "You rock" stamp set from Clearly Besotted. The dinosaurs theme fits perfectly in my genre of BBBCards (big brother birthday cards). I only used the warm gray colour scheme of my Copics for the dinosaur (W7-W0), so I got sort of a monochromous look. The paper from Panduro is the Vintage Christmas one and uses a warm gray colour as well.


To get some accents one the card, I coloured the vulcano with purple grays (BV23, BV25 and BV29) and the lava with bright red colours (R59, R46, R37 and R22). It is difficult to see, but the lava is covered in Glossy Accents as the eye catcher of the card.

The vulcano smoke is from Lawn Fawn "Science of Love" set. I used the Sketch Saturday sketch as main inspiration. Did I mention that my fav collours are purple (my big love), black/gray (boring but they look good with everuthing) and red.
Challenges:
Sketch: Sketch Saturday
Fav colours: Basteltanten Challenge Blog
Always anything goes: Craft your Passion Challenges
August anything goes: Love to Craft Challenge Blog



Happy Crafting,

5 Comments:

Michelle said...

I like this card. It is so nice with all the grey and the little spot of red.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous CAS card love the cute image and great sentiment--Thank you for joining our very first challenge at Love To Craft
Carol DT x

Twingomaus said...

A very nice card.
Thanks for joining us at the Basteltanten Challenge.
Greetings Andrea

Svenja (dBe) said...

Ein tolles Kärtchen, das Motiv ist echt knuffig und die Gestaltung nach Sketch gefällt mir.
Ganz lieben Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei den Basteltanten.
LG Svenja

Saskia said...

Hey Stefanie,
Wat leuk om te zien dat de Crealies stanzen ook jouw nieuwe favoriet zijn geworden.
Ik kom na een lange tijd weer eens kijken en zie ze op veel van je creaties terug!
Mooie kaartjes maak je!
Groetjes
Saskia

Post a Comment